ProTHERMICTM PH600 Series Wire Preheater, ProTHERMICTM PH600 PROTON
- For induction preheating of solid and stranded copper, copper-clad and aluminium wires up to 200°C (300°C for High Temperature (-HT) models) prior to insulation extrusion.
- Improve insulation-to-wire adhesion and stripping characteristics, especially at high line speeds.
- Highest power to wire transfer rate EEE 96% (Electrical Energy Efficiency) ensuring minimal losses and maximum use of available power.
- Uses parabolic control algorithm to ensure high degree of heating accuracy for all line speeds and wire sizes.
- Integrated “spectral radiation” InteliTHERM temperature measurement (optional) available for higher precision of wire temperature measurement and control.
- Preheats solid wires up to 6mm in diameter and stranded wires up to 6.8mm in diameter.
- Housed in rugged enclosures to survive harsh industrial environments.
- Controlled using a user-friendly, menu-based LCD interface display unit.
- Available with industry-standard communications interfaces fitted either as standard or as an option.
- Available in different power output models suitable for all budgets and line speeds.
- Available in 400 and 480 VAC 3-phase mains supply voltage models.
|Pulley root diameter||593||mm|
|Solid wire diameter||2.5||6||mm|
|Stranded wire diameter||6.8||mm|
|Stranded wire cross-sectional area||36||mm2|
|Wire preheat temperature||200||°C|
|Continuous wire tension||5231||N|
|Power supply frequency||47||65||Hz|
|Wire line height||980||1000||1020||mm|
|Ingress protection (wire entry/exit areas and pulley compartment only)||IP53|
|Wire direction||Bidirectional (left-to-right and right-to-left)|
|Wire material||Copper / Copper-clad / Aluminium / Special|
|4x Logic inputs||Function||Solenoid door lock (if fitted)||Emergency stop|
|Start preheating||Stop preheating|
|Maximum input voltage||+24V|
|4x Isolated relay outputs||Function||Fault||State|
|Maximum contact rating||50VDC / 30VAC / 0.5A|
|Temperature set input||0 to +10V temperature control input, user scalable|
*An optional RS-232-to-USB converter cable is available for connection to USB equipped computers.
(must be specified for installation at time of manufacture; cannot be retrofitted)
|Wire loop current output||0 to +10 V output proportional to 0 to 2000A(rms) wire loop current|
|Solendoid door lock||Locks the access door(s) shut until motion of the pulleys has come to a complete stop.|
|Height plinth||Raises the nominal line height to 43" (1092mm).|
|Twin doors||For use in confined factory spaces where the standard single door is too large (not applicable to PH160, PH450 or PH600)|
|Maximum output power / kW||34|
|3-phase power supply voltage / VAC (rms line-to-line)||400|